– I’ve done a pretty extensive update of my previous report on Jim Henson Exhibits in 2009. Several new links, events, and guest info has been added.
– The 3.29.2009 release of Follow That Bird: The 25th Anniversary Deluxe Edition includes a “New Interview with Carroll Spinney,” voice and puppeteer of Big Bird and Oscar The Grouch. Chud.com’s review of the DVD says: “It’s fun to see the elderly Caroll Spinney reflect on his work at Children’s Television Workshop. He remembers about meeting Henson and developing the Grouch and Big Bird. It’s great work all around and it stands up over the years.”
– Fan report and photos from meeting Muppeteer Dave Goelz (via MuppetCentral.com).
– LooseToon Blog by Steve Vitale reports on an Atlanta 2008 event featuring Dave Goelz and Steve Whitmire. Includes photos and video. The same blogger also reports on an earlier 2008 event featuring Jane Henson.
– Sesame Street’s Elmo (performed by Kevin Clash) will appear on NBC’s Late Night with Jimmy Fallon on Wednesday, April 15th. See The Muppet Newsflash for more details.
– The Jim Henson Company’s adult improv puppetry extravaganza Puppet Up! Uncensored has two live performance dates April 18th and May 22nd in Hollywood, CA. The Puppet Up! troupe includes several talents with voice-over credits (click here to see a previous report on the cast). Visit PuppetUp.com for ticket info.
Additionally, The Center for Puppetry Arts in Atlanta, GA is hosting a special screening of Puppet Up! Uncensored: Live in Melbourne, Australia on April 25th. Visit Puppet.org for more details.
And even though it’s not exactly on-topic with the voice actor theme of this blog, it *is* Muppets-related and it’s just so bizarre I have to share it… you must see these photos of designer Jean-Charles de Castelbajac’s Muppets-inspired clothing-type things at Paris Fashion Week via DailyMail.co.uk, InventorSpot.com, and TrendHunter.com.