The August 28th theatrical release of the Halloween 2 remake (directed by Rob Zombie) will include several Hollywood stars who have voiced animated characters:
– Malcolm McDowell voices a recurring character on Adult Swim’s Metalocalypse and was the voice of Metallo on Superman: The Animated Series and Justice League.
– Brad Dourif was voice of Chucky from the horror franchise of the same name.
– Danielle Harris voiced lead characters in Father of the Pride and The Wild Thornberrys.
– Chris Hardwick is the voice of Otis the Cow on Nickelodeon’s popular series Back at the Barnyard, and was the voice of Green Arrow on The Batman.
– Bill Fagerbakke is the voice of Patrick Star on SpongeBob Squarepants, and has performed in many other animated series such as Transformers Animated and Gargoyles.
– Weird Al Yankovic will make a cameo in the movie, as was just announced recently on FEARnet.com. In addition to his long career as a musical comedian, Weird Al has also done guest voices on Transformers Animated, Robot Chicken, The Simpsons, Eek! The Cat, Grim and Evil, The Brak Show, and others that I won’t list for fear of sounding like an obsessive fanboy.
And three other cast members are also providing voices for Rob Zombie’s upcoming animated film, The Haunted World of El Superbeasto: Sheri Moon Zombie, Bill Moseley, and Daniel Roebuck.
I might possibly appear in the film as well since I spent a chilly night on set as a background extra (much of the movie filmed around the Atlanta, GA area). If you spot a pasty white dude with a scruffy beard wearing a brown cap and pretending to eat an apple for a scene early in the film where Dr. Loomis (McDowell) is being carried out of a house on a stretcher, it’s me.
Also had the chance to see McDowell and Fagerbakke up close as they exited a scene after it wrapped. McDowell even said hello to me and asked with a smile how I was enjoying “the fine weather.” I was freezing my tushie off, but I just I laughed and nodded at him. Such a nice guy to speak to a lowly extra.